You are invited to share breakfast with us each Monday morning at 9:00 AM at Woodbridge Cafe in Sachse.
The United Methodist Men at FUMC Sachse is an organization designed to bring men together by providing opportunities for service to the church and community.
Every male member of the church is a member of the United Methodist Men. We want everyone to have a place where they belong. If you play golf, cook, love music, camping, hunting, playing sports, watching sports or whatever your favorite pastime, we want to bring you together with other like-minded men within our group. If you have an interest in leading an event you think other men at FUMC Sachse would enjoy participating in or you want to participate in an event, please contact us.
2021 Men’s Retreat, May 14-16
All men are invited to register for the spring retreat, May 14-16. The retreat will be at Prothro Retreat Center on Lake Texoma, and is only $165. For group study activities that are indoors and in shared living spaces, masks and physical distance will be observed. This is a continued effort to keep each other safe and healthy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Will there be time for group bible study? Yes. We will have four sessions of 45 minutes each to look at Bible stories that will help us navigate life in and after the pandemic, including the stories of Namaan, Jethro, Josiah, and Simeon.
2. Will there be worship time? Yes, on both Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
3. Do we have to cook our own meals? No. Three meals on Saturday are included in the registration price. Friday evening and Sunday morning meals are on your own.
4. What is this “goofing off time”? That’s time for you to relax. Options include golf, fishing, hiking, napping, reading, painting, sitting around, playing your guitar, whatever. A group might even drive into Sherman for the “Escape Room”.
5. With Covid, am I required to prove that I am vaccinated? No. Not required to be vaccinated either. But we aim to “Do No Harm”, so masks and physical distancing will be observed. Because of the nice spring weather, we will have some activities outdoors.
6. May I bring a friend? Is that really a question? Of course!